Vacuum is very much a part of industrial life today and it is difficult to conceive of any chemical or process plants where the vacuum is not used to increase the efficiency of the process. The applications of vacuum are increasing daily with advances in technology.
In some of the operations, a vacuum is used so that the reaction can be carried out at a lower temperature with beneficial effects on the end products while in other operations vacuum is used to provide the necessary difference in pressure to carry out the operation.
Some of the industries where Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump is used is as follows:
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical: In this large-scale use is made of liquid ring machines as vacuum pumps and compressors. 1) Filling 2) Distillation 3) Deaeration 4) Filtration 5 ) Cooling 6) Crystallizing 7) Concentrating 8 ) Drying 9 ) Exhaust Gas Compression10J ) Central Vacuum Plants 11 ) Solvent Recovery 12) Deodorizing 13) Evaporation 14) Gas Recovery 15) Gas recycling 16) Pneumatic transfer 16) Vacuum Separator 17 ) Vapor Recovery
- Food Industry: 1) Degasification of Mineral water 2) Bottling industry 3) Deodorization of Salad oils and fats 4 ) Sterilization of tea and spices 5 ) Production of sweets 6) Sausage production 7) Powder conveying 8) Dehydration
- Tobacco Industry: 1) Tobacco Humidifier
- Sugar Industry: 1) Juice Extraction 2) Distillery
- Plastic Industry: 1) Drawing off and compressing Vinyl Chloride (VC) gas 2) Extrusion degasification 3) Vacuum Calibration
- Treatment Of Water: 1) Aeration of waters 2) Flushing of filters 3) Water degasification ( sewage treatment ) Chlorination
- Wood Industry: 1) Wood drying plants
- Pulp and Paper Industry: 1) Dehydration of paper webs 2) Paper coating
- Energy production: 1) Evacuation of steam turbine condensers.2) Duration 3) Fly Ash conveying
- Mining: 1) Drawing off of pit gas 2) Gas Boosting 3) Vacuum filtration
- Refineries: 1) Energy recovery from flare gas 2) petrol production 3) Solid propellants
- Asbestos and plasterboard industry :
- Clay and ceramic industry: 1) Brick production 2) Porcelain pressing 3) Drying and degasification of concrete.
- Steel Industry: 1) Steel degasification
- Automobile Industry: 1) Filling of radiators, brakes, hydraulic systems.
- Electrical engineering industry :
- Medicine: 1) Central vacuum plants
- Textile Industry: 1) Hydro extractor
- Laboratories: 1) Central vacuum
- Marine: 1) Pneumatic conveying material 2) Pump Priming
- Packaging: 1)Labeling 2) Vacuum Packing 3) Filling 4) Bag Manufacturing
- Other applications: 1) Priming centrifugal pumps 2) Catalyst loading, unloading 3) Gas Boosting